Friday, August 4, 2017

Week 67

July 8, 2017

Good afternoon everyone,

This week flew by. While I do spend a lot of time taking care of the needs of the mission I still get to leave the office often. The pictures in the last email were of myself and my companions catching crabs after we dropped of an elder in his new area, Port Antonio. I even got to eat at the Jerk Place there.

I have learned over this week though that we all need spiritual nourishment everyday. What I mean by that is just like we eat food to fuel our bodies we need to feast upon the scriptures to fuel our spirits. If we don't eat we starve ourselves, if we don't read the scriptures we are hurting our spirits. I experienced this earlier in the week. I was not able to read for a few days in a row and I started to feel its effects of not reading like more negative thoughts and less energy (for me personally). When I realized what was wrong, I was able to start reading again and felt stronger. I hope that you will all be able to continue to grow in spiritual strength and I will talk to you guys later!

Wish y'all the best,


---Elder Wood---



The first two is myself holding some crabs we caught while we were on the road one night. The shop that we are standing in front of is Piggy's, we dropped off a new Elder in Port Antonio and we had to stop for some food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment