Monday, March 5, 2018

Week 96

January 29, 2018

 Good afternoon everyone,


I never seem to remember what happens in the week when I go to write these emails. This week we were able to help Danekia be baptized. Elder Menlove was almost attacked by a dog. I was on a trade-off in my old area. I also got a haircut.

There is a picture of Danekia in the other email. She just turned 8 this past week but she has been attending church every week for a very long time. She was full of smiles as she was baptized on Friday and confirmed on Sunday.

I was also up in Stony hill the other day. That brought back a lot of memories. As this transfer goes on we will do a longer trade-off and I will show them some of the awesome members in Stony Hill.

Last week Monday I got my haircut by Elder Hudson, who is a Jamaican from Junction.

If I have learned something from my time serving with Elder Menlove, and in Jamaica in general, is to find common ground. Once you find common ground with others you will be able to relate to them. It will help eliminate barriers that come when you don't find common ground. One piece of ground that I have found to be very common is that everyone needs something (yes, they need the gospel) but sometimes they can't see that far. This is one of the reasons I love service, it gives people a chance to bond and serve one another.

I will talk to you all next week.

Sincerely,

---Elder Wood---







The first picture attached is a goofy one of the Assistants and one of our zone leaders. From your left to right it is Elder Christensen, Elder Anderton, and then Elder Harrah.

The second is a picture of myself as well as the Brown family. The father is the First councilor of the Constant Spring Branch.

The third is Elder Menlove challenging some yutes to some football.

The last one is a picture of Danekia and Elder Menlove right before the baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment