Saturday, October 29, 2016

Week 30

October 24, 2016

I survived the interview with President Pearson quite well.  He shared an increase d vision with me of how we can continue sharing this special message with people who have no idea it is out there.  It has been brought to my attention that I have not formally introduced my companion.  Elder Rowley is my current companion.  He is from Santaquin, Utah.  Also, ironically he was transferred here from Santa Cruz.  He grew up as a farmer, tending to orchards of apples, cherries, peaches, and apricots. Fun fact, he never owned a phone before going into the mission field.  His truck, which survived almost his entire mission, has now been totaled in the front because of his sister, it only needed to last 7 more months before he could have used it again, oh well.

I keep forgetting that Halloween is right around the corner.  Jamaica doesn't even acknowledge it as far as I can tell.  They don't have a holiday decently close to it either, but lets get into the fun bits.  Yesterday, my companion / Branch President, invited a young individual into his office for a get to know you interview.  He learned that this person was not a member, everyone thought she was.  He asked why she kept coming back, she responded that when she was at church she felt the burdens of her life lift off her shoulders, only to come back on Monday.  She then learned that baptism will allow her to keep the burden lifted.  We will be teaching her for this week.

I need to go, out of time.

--Elder Wood--

This is the Ridlers, they are heading off for the final time after inspecting the Port Antonio house.  They will be heading back to Whales in about 2-3 weeks, I believe.  Here are some goodbye photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment